How long will it take?
Even when having sex on the most fertile day of their cycle immediately prior to ovulation, only 27% of women get pregnant. There’s no need to worry if you can’t conceive right away. Being patient is very important when it comes to pregnancy.
Without medical assistance, 60% of women get pregnant within six months and 85% within one year. Half of the remaining 15% will get pregnant naturally over the next few years.
Without medical assistance roughly 60% of women of women get pregnant within six months and 85% within a year. Half of the remaining 15% will get pregnant quite naturally in the subsequent period.
|pregnant||60 %||85 %|
|not pregnant||40 %||15 %|
If a woman knows when her highly fertile days are and has sex on those days, the time it takes her to conceive can be significantly reduced.
Scientific studies conducted on a group of women who had slept with their partners during their fertile phase showed that 38% of women got pregnant after 1 cycle, 68% after 3 cycles and 81% after 6 cycles. 92% became pregnant after 12 cycles. Of the remaining 8%, roughly half got pregnant in the following 36 months.
Many women fail to get pregnant because they often only have sex with their partners at times when conceiving is unlikely or even impossible. This happens because many women think that their fertile days are during the middle of their cycle. Fertile days and ovulation are a natural phenomenon and not a static process. Therefore, when it comes to planning for a child, it is very important to know when your personal fertile days are because they can change from cycle to cycle.
|pregnant||68 %||81 %||92 %|
|not pregnant||32 %||19 %||8 %|
Age is very important when it comes to a woman’s fertility.
Statistically, within a cycle under normal ovulation conditions and when having sex on fertile days, every second woman aged fifteen years old, every third woman aged 25 years old, and every sixth woman aged 35 years old, gets pregnant.
To learn more about detecting your fertile days, click here.